Hair extensions are increasingly popular, with so many different types of extensions available on the market today – from wigs to bundles, tapes to clip-ins, and raw and virgin hair, it’s hard to understand what it means.
I’m sure there will be a lot of people who, despite knowing about a lot of hair types, still think that coarse hair and virgin hair are one type. However, it is two different types of hair. In this blog, Vina Human Hair will discuss the difference between Raw Hair and Virgin Hair so that you can better understand it.
What is Raw Hair?
Raw hair is the most purest and natural form of hair available on the market. Raw hair is unprocessed hair, 100% human hair. have not undergone ANY chemical, thermal, or steam treatment. Raw hair is very natural looking and blends very well with your natural hair. The bundles are fuller and can last up to 5 years with proper care.
Raw hair manufacturers source the hair directly from SINGLE DONORS and then the hair undergoes a rigorous sanitizing process. Most donors’ origins are from India, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Burma. There are 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly.
What is Virgin Hair?
The true definition of Virgin Hair is 100% Natural Human Hair that has never been manipulated or processed in any way. However, in the world of human hair extensions, it can also be steamed and processed. All the cuticles are intact and moving in the same direction. Virgin hair is extremely popular because you can dye, cut, and bleach the hair and treat it as your own.
It is usually sourced from multiple donors, the most popular virgin hair is Brazilian, Malaysian, Indian, and Vietnam. With textures such as deep waves, kinky curly, Italian curly, body waves, and other textures are steam processed to achieve these patterns.
The Differences Between Raw Hair and Virgin Hair
Raw hair texture is naturally derived whereas Virgin hair has been processed to achieve the texture pattern to mimic a particular hairstyle or pattern. The advantage of coarse hair is its Quality & Longevity. However, the downside is that no two bundles are the same. They won’t be very different but they will never be the same. Because hair is not steamed to create uniform patterns. Virgin hair on the market is typically silky, medium to a high luster, the hair bundles look identical to one another which makes for an effortless sew-in weave or wig and it may is sourced from multiple donors.
> Read more: How Are Remy Hair and Non – Remy Hair Different?
Characteristics of raw hair
– This type of hair is rare
– The purest form of Virgin Hair on Today’s Market
– Every bundle has a unique appearance
– Full cuticle hair
– Mainly sourced from one donor.
– Hair that has not been altered in any way by steam or chemical treatment.
– There are 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly.
– Lasts longer about over 5 years because it gets better with every wash.
– Available only in natural blacks, browns, reds (rare), and blondes (rare)
Characteristics of virgin hair
– This type has a fairly stable supply
– Quality varies depending on the distributor
– Every bundle is uniform due to hair being processed
– Lasts up to one year with exceptional care
– The cuticles are moving in the same direction but they may not always be intact.
– Hair feels good at first sight, but without proper care and storage, it will be damaged.
– Available in an array of colors and you can dye, cut, and bleach the hair and treat it as your own.
Should you choose raw hair or virgin hair?
- Raw hair is significantly different from virgin hair. Both are human hair extensions however, raw hair hasn’t been changed, just has 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly. Pure hair has been steamed and processed to give it texture into deep wave hair, loose waves, etc. Raw hair will behave like human hair growing out of your scalp. This is why Raw Hair requires more love and attention.
- Raw hair requires different maintenance than virgin hair. Raw hair needs a lot of moisturizing and conditioning. After washing, raw hair will return to a random shape depending on how you care for the same as your real hair. As for virgin hair, the products used on it will not change the actual pattern in any way.
- Raw hair is usually better quality so it will be more expensive. Quality virgin hair can be pricey too but typically with raw hair, you will pay more.
- Raw hair is very limited, and virgin hair is always enough. Many raw hair sellers have to wait a month or so for their next shipment. So if you’re interested in coarse hair, keep that in mind.
- Virgin hair comes in a variety of origins and textures like kinky curly, body wave, deep curly, afro kinky, loose curl, deep curl, etc. Unlike raw hair, which only comes in three textures: straight, wavy, and curly.
- Raw hair is more expensive but the investment and maintenance are worth it. It can last up to four years and you can always make a wig or clip-ins out of it. However, if you are looking for hair with more color and more textures like kinky curly or even a deep wave, virgin hair is for you.
Whether it’s raw hair or virgin hair it can make you more beautiful if it’s right for you. The most important thing is to ask yourself what kind of hair you like and which one you feel will suit you best?!
Both types have certain pros and cons, so it’s up to you to decide.
Vina Human Hair hopes that this article will bring you more useful information about raw hair and virgin hair. You can refer to our hair extension products on the Vina Human Hair.com website or contact us directly for advice.
+ Whatsapp: +84931349565
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Factory address: Yen Thang Commune, Y Yen District, Nam Dinh Province
+ Office: 110 Tran Phu, Mo Lao ward, Ha Dong district, Hanoi city